Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works with the SVP to set priorities, organize and manage projects, and prepare for meetings.
- Manages all scheduling, including travel, for the SVP, and assists other department staff with scheduling and travel as needed.
- Works effectively with counterparts within NCTA, at NCTA member companies, on the Hill, and with other outside organizations to coordinate meetings, phone calls and other events.
- Maintains calendars for the Government Relations Department, including relevant congressional, government agency, state, and third-party events.
- Provides overall management of administrative related services for the department, including developing the budget, processing invoices, and tracking department expenses to the budget.
- Creates expense reports for the SVP and reviews expense reports for department staff.
- Manages the department communication systems, telephone, email, files and subscriptions.?
- Creates and edits both electronic and paper correspondence.
- Updates and maintains Congressional lists and NCTA member contact lists.
- Organizes and maintains files according to NCTA’s Document Retention Policy.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Interest in being a critical player on a tightly-knit team in a fast-paced, collegial, and professional environment focused on the intersection of politics, good policy, and the consumer’s broadband and television experience.?
- Prior experience on the Hill, or with a corporate/association government relations team, political consulting firm, or law firm.
- Prior scheduling experience.
- College degree preferred, but experience may be substituted.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.? Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills, ability to keep the trains moving, punctuality, and attention to details and presentation.
- High degree of initiative, judgment and discretion with sensitivity to NCTA’s public policy issues and processes.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility needed to respond to time sensitive projects, changing priorities, and the occasional need for extended work hours.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.